August 12, 1980 to October 23, 2006

Robert Andrew Romero
"PACO"

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way
by moonlight, and his punishment is
that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde“

Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Nautical Star

The sun comes up each morning
Feel your hand reach out for mine
Hear your whistling in the songbirds
As the sundial marks the time

I always seem to just miss you
Thought I heard you in the breeze
Caught a quick glimpse of you moving
In a canopy of trees

Heard your laughter in thunder
When your joking rain was done
Saw your eyes dance in the lightening
Always teasing just for fun

You ran too fast to catch you
You left me without goodbye
I look for you all day long now
Come and find me, tell me why

Late night moon says he knows you
The stars spell out your sweet name
Wishing you would come back home now
Come back home from where you came.

Dance me in the darkness
Play me music I can’t hear
Feel the rhythm of your heartbeat
Whisper low and draw me near

Come home now starlight strider
Return my nautical star
Searching for that galaxy rider
Bring me home to where you are

8 comments:

sandy said...

Cara!!!!! Is that your poem??

If so, I think it is so beautiful. Can I buy it from ya?? huh... hahaha.

Love the pic and the poem...love the poem, love the poem...oops I'm repeating myself.

How about a piece of art work from you to illustrate the poem....?

sandy

Cara said...

Sandy - yes, its my writing. Thank you so much for liking it. That means a lot to me - Funny you should mention a picture - I have been painting a few nautical stars just for fun and I have some ideas for a series. Also, just yesterday I revisited my idea for a painting of Andrew...you must have picked up on my vibrations

I have mentioned this before but Andrew was really in to Nautical Stars - he had five tattooed on him and the day of his funeral I went down and got my very first tattoo - guess what it was? Of course, a Nautical Star.

Thanks again!

Toni said...

*I typed this once and got an error so I lost everything, I'm sorry if it shows up as a duplicate*

WOW! Cara that is so moving!! I feel like Andrew is close. Closer than I've felt in months! I don't know how to describe it! I've lost 4 very special friends in my life, each time I felt like a piece of me left with them. But, when I heard Andrew's name on the radio my entire heart left and has felt empty since. I don't know if I told you that is how I found out. Since we'd lost touch, there was no one to call and tell me. I was driving to work one morning and heard them say his name. I must have run 1000 variations to his name thru my head in a matter of seconds. Thinking there is someone else with a similar name, they misspoke or I miss heard. Sadly, none were true! From that moment, I've had a huge hole until reading your poem. I usually don't get on this late but I wanted to check your page before going to bed. This is why!!!
How wonderful you are Cara... how wonderful Andrew is & how lucky I am to know you both!!
I love you guys!!

Toni said...

I emailed 2 pictures to you earlier also.

Cara said...

Toni - thank you for everything. For your photo's earlier today and your wonderful memories of him. I plan to publish them on furture blogs. I'm so sorry you had to find out about Andrew the way you did, none of us knew you then or Jamie would have called you right away.

We all continue to struggle with our loss, he was too special to get over this thing very fast if at all.

Each day I catch myself thinking there must be some mistake, or that this can be fixed some how, but it is what it is...

You know, Andrew would be so ticked at us for being so sad...he would hate this and tell us to "get over it" - I try to remember that.

sandy said...

I can't read this without getting goosebumps. I love that poem.

s

sandy said...

and I didn't know about the nautical stars. Would love to see your "star" paintings and series you are talking about.

sandy

Toni said...

Yes he would! :) Don't apologize at all!!!!