August 12, 1980 to October 23, 2006

Robert Andrew Romero
"PACO"

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way
by moonlight, and his punishment is
that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde“

Friday, February 27, 2009

I had the strangest dream early last Sunday morning. I dreamed I was in a house. It was apparently my house but it was so bizarre. It had levels upon levels and each level was a room. The rooms would have a floor and one or two walls but no ceiling, very open. These various room were suspended and connected by staircases.

It was as though the house was in outer space as it was dark all around and there was a thunderstorm off to the left side (ha ha, I'm laughing at myself as I type...who ever heard of "the left side" of a dream) When the lightning would flash it would light up a gorgeous purple velvet clouded sky.

In my dream I was running around trying to light candles in each of the rooms in case the electricity went out. Andrew was in one of these rooms. It was like "his" bedroom. And he was dressed in a costume...a drag costume. He was getting ready to go to a party.

I didn't have a chance to stop and talk to him because I was so busy trying to get these candles lit. They were hard to light and were flickering a lot even though there was no wind.

And then I woke up!

11 comments:

Unknown said...

oooo...it seems like that dream had some meaning to it....hmmm....

Cara said...

Michelle,
I can't force to believe that dreams are nothing more than the brain powering down at the end of the day so yes, I also think it means something -

sandy said...

Obviously, to me anyway, you are trying to keep the light going in your life, your soul desiring light since the loss of Andrew, and all the time Andrew is right there. ...not quite what I mean, but don't know how to word it yet. Andrew is your light...was and still is.

sandy said...

Many mansions.... many levels to your mind, to spirit possibly. Andrew...simply changed costume from physical to etherical...?? Why drag...because "drag" is the message maybe...don't let his death "drag" you down ...see him as just changing "clothes" from physical to spiritual clothes.

sandy said...

and funny you should say "left side" of the dream. Our left brain is logical and that is where the "storm" is happening - in your everyday logical life....the fact that there is no roof and just a few walls, maybe implies how expansive our afterlife is.... ahhh and the purple....purple is a very spiritual color...third eye type of thing.. Okay..enough Sandy..haha.

Cara said...

Sandy - I love your interpetation! I agree with what you have said and I hadn't thought about the "left" being symbolic. Very cool!

Toni said...

I really enjoyed this one Cara! And loved Sandy's comment, very thought sparking to say the least! Paco would've loved that part!

Cara said...

Thanks Toni and I agree - he would have thought it was very cool.

Toni said...

Hi Cara, I hope you are doing ok!

Cara said...

Thanks Toni - I'm fine just a little overwhelmed at this time - too much going on...

Toni said...

That can happen. You are always in my thoughts & prayers! XO