August 12, 1980 to October 23, 2006

Robert Andrew Romero
"PACO"

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way
by moonlight, and his punishment is
that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde“

Sunday, January 20, 2013

Nightmare

I've had a rough couple of days.  There's more about that on "Bare Naked Me"  so last night we went to a charity 50's Sock Hop (to benefit the Honor Flight program) and had a very good time.  We got home after midnight and I wasn't in bed until after 1am.  I fell asleep quickly but had a horrible nightmare about Andrew. 

I dreamed we were away from home and for some reason Andrew, who appeared to be about 10 years old,  had to stay one night in a juvenile facility.  I was very upset and scared for him.  I was told that all the mothers could come and have dinner with the children and visit with them.  I was waiting nervously to see Andrew when they opened the door and let us in.  I couldn't find Andrew.  I looked and looked and he wasn't anywhere.  I checked every square inch and he just wasn't there and no one was being very helpful.  I kept feeling like they knew something but weren't telling me.  I begged them to help me find him but we never found him.  Finally they made me go home.

I woke up crying and cried for a long time.  It was 4am  and finally about an hour later I went back to sleep.  When I did, I dreamed that I was in a kitchen working  (I didn't recognise the house) and I looked out the window and saw Andrew laying on the ground.  I ran out the door and straight to him but woke up before I got to him.

This is the first time I've had a bad dream about Andrew.  I don't have a clue why I had the dream or what it meant.  But it made me terribly sad...and I'm still sad.

2 comments:

Mary Sheehan Winn said...

Cara, that just sucks :(

Cara said...

Yeah it does. Thanks for still being here Mary.