August 12, 1980 to October 23, 2006

Robert Andrew Romero
"PACO"

“A dreamer is one who can only find his way
by moonlight, and his punishment is
that he sees the dawn before the rest of the world." Oscar Wilde“

Wednesday, June 03, 2009


I have been very tired for a while now. And in addition I have been missing Andrew so much lately. I seem to cry at the drop of a hat.
A couple of weeks ago I had a very bad night. Many things were going wrong. I couldn't sleep. I was too warm, tossing and turning endlessly. Add to that the fact that I had a terrible cough that I couldn't seem to conquer. I had coughed so much that it felt like I had pulled all the muscles in my back and ribs. Painful to move and yet I couldn't lay still. There was more but I'll stop with this since I'm starting to bore myself. But I will confess that in one moment of fatigue and frustration I silently wished I would not see another morning.
I had been awake all night when I finally drifted off just as the sky was beginning to become light. I woke up suddenly a hour and a half later having dreamed about Andrew.
In my dream Andrew came to where I was and I was so happy. I said, "Andrew I am so happy to see you." I started walking toward him as I continued. "I have been missing you and wanting to see you." At this point I put out my arms to embrace him.
He never said a word. From the beginning he had looked straight at me with a very stern look on his face. When I tried to hug him he pulled back and away from my grasp and kind of sneered at my attempted affection ever so slightly.
That was it - he was gone as suddenly as he arrived.
What did it mean? You tell me, but then again I'm sure I know.

6 comments:

sandy said...

So sorry to hear you haven't been feeling good. I had one of those coughs, at the end of 2008, that just hung on and my ribs felt bruised. Was Andrew pissed at your for you not wanting to wake up..or having that thought..like, maybe, he was saying treasure your life..I don't know...

Cara said...

Hi Sandy -
thanks for stopping by. It had been a horrible night and I was really feeling sorry for myself. After the dream I really woke up thinking he wanted me to snap out of it.

My cough is much better - almost gone but I thought for a while it would be here forever. I'm hoping my trip back home this summer will recharge my batteries - I'm tired of being tired.

Silver said...

Cara.. sometimes dreams are just a collection of our thoughts, fears and yearnings. It may not be what it may seem. How could Andrew ever reject your love? I know all that you'd said abt wishing you didn't have to wake up to another morning. I do, Cara. But our breath has been given to us for there must be work still to be done..

i know it's difficult. Our yearnings and love coninue. So must our continued persistence in our faith to do what we must, well.

love,

~Silver
http://www.dreamymoonlight.blogspot.com/

Silver said...

Happy Birthday, sweetie.

Anonymous said...

I'm not sure if you have ever seen this, but I thought I should share it with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ir6Oqrue8HI

Cara said...

Thanks who ever you are...